October in Greece, although an autumn month, is usually mild, with high temperatures for the season, which we all enjoy 🙂 These beautiful autumn days are still suitable for swimming either at sea or at your lovely Piscines Ideales with its tranquil crystal waters!
The point is to decide what do you want to do with your pool. Empty it until next season or leave it as it is, occasionally dealing with its maintenance?
Let’s start with the first choice. Emptying your pool is not recommended for the following reasons:
- The water in the pool minimizes the contraction of the concrete due to weather conditions, thus contributes to the longevity of your pool.
- The whole installation is protected since it operates with balanced water all year round (no deposits of salts, leaf stains, etc., that require special care to clean at the beginning of the season).
- The cost of emptying and then filling your pool with fresh water is high.
- There is a risk of an accident, especially if you have small children or pets.
- From the aesthetic point of view, the sight of an empty pool isn’t so good.
For all the above reasons, the best you can do for your pool during the winter is to leave it filled with water and maintain it normally, even if you are not a fan of winter swimming. Note that during winter maintenance, water recirculation hours and chemical consumption are reduced by up to 75%!
If you have not already purchased one of our highly credible Ideales Covers® maybe it’s time to do so. An Ideales Cover is the best option for protecting your pool during winter or when your pool is out of use for a long time. The pool is kept clean by rubbish, dust or even small animals that may fall in. In addition, it is protected from the sun’s rays and weather conditions. Beyond protection, your own great benefit is that you reduce both the cost and the maintenance time of your pool.
However, if you do not only want to maintain your pool, but also to enjoy it all year round, then you should better choose to heat it with our advanced and economical Ideales Heating Systems. Thus, your time and labor will not go in vain and you will continue enjoying contact with water and exercise by swimming 🙂
For more information or any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department (tel. +30 210 6148430 or info@Ideales.gr), so as for the winter to be nice to you and your lovely pool, without any problems and unnecessary stress.
Protect your pool till your next dive …it’s good for you!