With great joy and pride we inform you that gorgeous Ideales Resort® in Trapezaki of Kefalonia, member of Ideales Group, earlier this month (July 2014) bestowed an important distinction from the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor®.
Ideales Resort scored very high for its green practices, and so it is now one of the first tourist lodgings in Greece that is awarded by the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Programme, reaching up to the gold level!
The TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Programme identifies hotels and other tourist lodgings that are committed to green practices, such as conservation of natural resources, recycling, efficiency of hydraulic systems, alternative energy, and was developed in partnership with UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) and International Tourism Partnership.
For all of us in Ideales Group, the environment is the most important asset we have. To protect it, we have enacted policies of environmental responsibility and invest in solutions that respect the environment. In this daily struggle we are and will persistently continue to be pioneers.
Since its founding in 2005, Ideales Resort having as a main concern the protection of the environment, invested in green practices that ensure water and energy conservation, reduction and recycling of waste, while it sensitizes its visitors on these practices, passing the message of respect for the environment.
We would like to mention some of the practices that granted us this huge distinction, wishing for many imitators to follow us not only in the tourism sector, but in general.
- All electrical appliances (except from the fridge) are activated by placing the card in the special slot next to the main entrance of the villa.
- Air conditioners operate only when the main door and all the windows are closed.
- All windows are double glazed for insulation.
- At the main entrance of each villa there are motion detector lights.
- For lighting we only use energy saving light bulbs which are recycled after their use.
- Supply of hot water by solar water heaters.
- Water pressure reducers and dual flush cisterns in all bathrooms.
- Change of bed linen and towels 2 times a week (reduction of water, energy and detergent use).
- Our eco pool® (Piscines Ideales – the eco pool®) with its advanced systems and ecological products, allows you to enjoy the pool with respect for the environment, without waste of water and energy.
- The gardens have plants that thrive in the region of Kefalonia, are very resistant to the local weather conditions and need little watering.
- Each kitchen has its own recycle bin for paper, glass, metal and plastic.
- We use compost bins for organic waste.
This golden distinction by Tripadvisor once again rewards Ideales Group for its offer to Man, the Environment and the Society, and clearly demonstrates its commitment to sustainable development and its vision for a better tomorrow …TODAY!